Scroll down for an early interview on the SYTYCW site
Now I’ve got visual confirmation I’ve created a page where more information about my books can be found. Yes, I know there’s only one at the moment but I’m working on the second.
The fabulous Ms Moem of http://msmoem.com has nominated me for a Liebster award. Thank you Ms Moem!
The Liebster Award is for bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers and uses the following guidelines:
- thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog
- display the award “badge” on your blog
- answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- list 11 random facts about yourself
- nominate up to 11 bloggers and let them know you have nominated them
- set 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- post a comment on the blog post of the person that nominated you so they can read the post
To find out more about the award and rules: The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award.
So without further ado, on to my to Ms Moem’s questions
- What kind of lottery winner would you be? A very happy one. I’d love to be able to travel and take a few chances with different jobs.
- Which 6 famous people would you invite to a fantasy dinner party? Assuming as it’s fantasy the dead can rise again I’d want Jane Austen, Douglas Adams and Spike Milligan. Stephen Fry and Sue Perkins always look so much fun and I’d like Hugh Jackman simply to gaze at.
- Where do you find inspiration for your blogging? I only post when things occur to me. I’m writing about my writing mainly so it depends when anything interesting happens I think people would want to read about.
- What is your favourite season and why? Summer because I love the long, warm evenings sitting in the garden with a glass of wine.
- What is your favourite word? I’ve got 8 and 7 year olds, so ‘bedtime’!
- Do you have a hobby, and if so, what is it? Skiing is my main love, but I can only do that once a year. Up until recently I’d have said writing but I’m getting paid to do that now so I don’t think it counts. I’ve had a number of them that I never stick to for long. Bellydancing, fencing, zumba, painting, the list goes on.
- If you were an animal, what would you be? A lemur. I’d love a tail to wrap around myself.
- What piece of advice would you give to your younger self? Don’t worry about not fitting in with the crowd. Why bother trying to impress people you don’t want to spend time with anyway?
- Who was your favourite popstar when you were a teenager? I had a bit of a thing for Jon Bon Jovi.
- What is your favourite part of the day? The evening, when I can sit down with a cat on my lap (and occasionally on my laptop) and write.
- What is the most important thing you’ve ever said? “Please can I borrow your laptop”. See https://elisabethhobbes.co.uk/2014/02/26/the-day-i-came-out/ for why.
Now here are random facts about me
1. I named my son after a Pixies song and my daughter after a character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
2. I’m still trying to invent the perfect sweet pasta dish.
3. If I could only eat one cuisine forever it would be Thai.
4. I have a nose piercing.
5. I’m a huge fan of vintage clothing.
6. I can still remember the song I sang in the school play when I was six.
7. I am incapable of recognising Tom Petty.
8. I can say ‘I love you’ in Danish and Greek.
9. I am a huge fan of graphic novels and getting a retweet by Warren Ellis made my day.
10. My dream job is owning a ski chalet and cooking for the guests.
11. I could happily eat my own bodyweight in strawberry bonbons.
Now I’d like to the following blogs
And here are my for them.
1. What thing do you always carry with you?
2. How are you with chopsticks?
3. Warner Brothers or Looney Tunes?
4. What is the first line of poetry that comes into your head?
5. What made you start a blog?
6. What was your first car?
7. If you had to get a piercing would you choose nose or eyebrow?
8. Which artist, alive or dead, would you ask to paint your portrait?
9. Fantasy date- who, where, what would you eat?
10. What is your favourite childhood book?
11. Can you roll your tongue?
Over to you then, nominees. Hope you have fun answering the questions if you decide to carry it on.